Monday, February 20, 2012

Before and After: Furniture and Chalk Paint


I mentioned in my previous post that I have been busy painting furniture that I bought at the local re-use centre.

Below are two pieces re-finished using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint (Old White).  Painted 2 coats, sanded, waxed, and we are good to go!  No priming or preparing the furniture needed!  I also refinished the cushion on this chair (actually 2 chairs) with some fabric I bought a while ago, before we even bought the house - and it fits so well with the wall colours.


BEFORE (found this chair on the side of the road):


AFTER:



What do you think?  Better or worse?  These will be my Make n' Take chairs.

NEXT.....the coffee table.

BEFORE:


AFTER:



This coffee table is going in the loft where the guests will sleep.  It will help fill out the lounge/TV space up there and make it a little more homey.

FOOD PREVIEW: Home made Ice Cream

It looks yummy and tastes even better!  This is a  very rich recipe and has a tart raspberry flavour.



I did take some photos of the loft space today, but still have more work to do up there before I can show the BIG reveal!

Bye for now.

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. This is looking beautiful. I can't wait til it opens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture are the most important part of our home decoration. Modern Furniture can be a product of design & is considered a form of decorative art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! really looking nice after painting white color. I really like white color and I also choose white painted furniture to decorate my home.

    ReplyDelete