Monday, February 20, 2012

Before and After: Furniture and Chalk Paint

I mentioned in my previous post that I have been busy painting furniture that I bought at the local re-use centre.

Below are two pieces re-finished using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint (Old White).  Painted 2 coats, sanded, waxed, and we are good to go!  No priming or preparing the furniture needed!  I also refinished the cushion on this chair (actually 2 chairs) with some fabric I bought a while ago, before we even bought the house - and it fits so well with the wall colours.

BEFORE (found this chair on the side of the road):


What do you think?  Better or worse?  These will be my Make n' Take chairs.

NEXT.....the coffee table.



This coffee table is going in the loft where the guests will sleep.  It will help fill out the lounge/TV space up there and make it a little more homey.

FOOD PREVIEW: Home made Ice Cream

It looks yummy and tastes even better!  This is a  very rich recipe and has a tart raspberry flavour.

I did take some photos of the loft space today, but still have more work to do up there before I can show the BIG reveal!

Bye for now.



  1. This is looking beautiful. I can't wait til it opens!

  2. Furniture are the most important part of our home decoration. Modern Furniture can be a product of design & is considered a form of decorative art.

  3. Good job! really looking nice after painting white color. I really like white color and I also choose white painted furniture to decorate my home.